There is an exciting in-house client role of Social Media Community Manager available at one of the biggest FMCG brands in the UK. It’s a really exciting opportunity, so if you think you have what it takes, please get in touch:
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
(please forward this to any friends you think might fit the bill!)
Social Media Community Manager – Role Overview
We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager with a huge passion for sport to work across a range of Social Networks.
In this hugely exciting role based in West London, the Social Media Community Manager will be responsible for planning and executing all of our social media activity, working with our brand teams and digital agencies to tailor our strategy and drive the creation of relevant content.
A digital expert who’s passionate about online conversation whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Tumblr, we want someone who can be the voice of our brand and help us build and serve our community.
You’ll be an ambitious team player who goes the extra mile to get the job done and have a proven background in managing social for big brands.
There’s a real opportunity for you to make this role your own and influence how we deliver social in the long term. We’ll expect you to work the occasional evening or weekend but as you’ll be posting live from Premiership football matches, reporting behind the scenes at photo shoots and taking part in a sporting activities with our ambassadors, we’ve assumed you won’t mind.
This is a great opportunity to work in an energetic team on a cool brand in an exciting and dynamic role.
Key Deliverables for this job role
– Responsible for delivering day to day social media activity and growing our online community.
– Plan, develop and own the content for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+
– Work with our in-house content editor to create and post content.
– Monitor relevant social media and news sites for potential amplification opportunities.
– Work with our partners and ambassadors to ensure our social media gets the maximum exposure.
– Advise where our online media spend should be used to amplify this.
– Coordinate online comms to ensure maximum reach and consistency: Social Media, Email, Website updates etc.
– Work effectively with Consumer Affairs to manage any consumer queries.
– Work with our eCommerce team to ensure our social activity drives online sales.
– Monitor KPIs and produce weekly reports to the brand team.
– Attend brand planning and strategic meetings.
– Work with our digital agency to develop and execute our social media strategy including content.
– Devise and implement a communication calendar based on brand activity throughout the year.
– Be ready to optimise this on the fly, based on performance.
– Be proactive, monitor news stories, relevant events, trends and suggest potential amplification activity.
– Develop a strategy to engage with key online influencers and deliver it.
Skills & Experience Essential
– A passionate sports fan, with particular knowledge of Football, Rugby and Running.
– Educated to degree level with 3 years’ experience working in social media, digital marketing, PR, journalism or advertising.
– Experience of owning the day-to-day management of social media for a large organisation.
– Experience of content creation, use of social media management and moderation tools.
– Ability to understand the brand’s tone of voice and generate engaging copy.
– A good overall understanding of digital marketing and the latest digital and social trends.
– Ability to work independently, collaborating with others and seeking help and guidance from other senior team members when appropriate
– Able to manage the expectations of clients and team members at all times
– An understanding of how optimising the consumer journey and user experience is essential to successful on-line delivery.
– Knowledge of Google Analytics and distilling insight to present back to brand team.
– Good standard of Excel and PowerPoint.
– Experience of using CMS an advantage.
– Degree or qualification in Sports Science a potential advantage.
– Proficiency at skiing also desirable.
– We’re willing to flex the scope of this role for the right candidate.
– Potential to become a permanent role after 12 months.